ENVIRONMENTALLY SOUND CHOICE
Respect for nature is a priority here at The Victoriaville Group. As casket manufacturers who draw on nature’s abundance, we have a duty to conserve these resources in order to guarantee their sustainability. Our most cherished value is, of course, offering our clients exceptional quality while preserving the environment. For this reason, the wood we use when manufacturing our products is harvested from forests that are managed in a responsible fashion. Over the past few years, we have also succeeded in greening our business significantly
by revamping our manufacturing methods, our management practices, our actions and our day-to-day decisions to ensure that our business is in full compliance with strict environmental standards.
A MANUFACTURING PROCESS CENTERED ON SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT
For the past few years, we have been manufacturing all of our products
in a manner that will reduce our environmental footprint. Through our commitment to meeting strict environmental standards, we are taking action now to protect our future
LOOK FOR OUR SYMBOLThe Victoriaville Group now certifies its environment-friendly funeral products,
thus ensuring that its management and manufacturing processes are ecologically sound.
AN ENVIABLE ENVIRONMENTAL RECORD
As a complement to its NEW LEAF
collection and in recognition of its 60th anniversary, The Victoriaville Group is proud to present the primary measures it has implemented in order to greatly reduce its carbon footprint :
- Ninety-five percent of the sustainable wood we use is provided by suppliers who have signed on to a reforestation program.
- We reuse wood waste as a source of clean energy or sell it to wood by-product manufacturers.
- We recycle 2,300 tons of wood waste annually, to produce the equivalent of 11.5 million kilowatt-hours of clean energy.
- Burning wood waste saves us almost 3,500 m3 in natural gas consumption.
- All of the materials we use (MDF, particleboard) are certified as Environmentally Preferable Products by the Composite Panel Association (CPA).
- Following the example set by the City of Victoriaville, a recognized leader within Quebec in the areas of residual materials reclaiming and recovery, we have set up an on-site recovery program in which our employees are active participants.
- That’s our impetus… and it’s only the beginning. We are commited to continue innovating and offering ecologically sound products, while also improving our environmental record.